Thursday, September 13, 2012 | By: Unknown

It’s My 100th Post!

justwrite2 That is right everyone! I have rambled for 99 posts already, and here is my 100th. Most people are exhausted about me talking about my writing, but this is why I created this blog. I don’t want to keep forcing my writing hobby upon others, so I let those that want to read about it the option to.

I love that picture. It is great and should help other writers…I hope.

What better way to celebrate my 100th post with the advice people have given me, without my wanting of it:

1. Get published. We need someone rich and talented in this family.

2. Why write? It’s boring and lonely.

3. If you don’t want to get published, what’s the point?

4. There must be something better to do with your time.

5. Your writing needs to improve greatly, but I don’t know why.

6. I’ve always wanted to write a novel, but I don’t want to be like you.

7. Go ahead and keep writing your novels. My one, great novel will get me somewhere some day.

8. Just shut up already.

That is all I can remember that isn’t too insulting. Writers get so much crap for what we do. I still have a job, so I am not one that parents tell their kids not to be. I am okay with people telling me to shut up. I understand. Growing up it was what I did and I never forced it upon people. With the technology out now my hobby is in everyone’s face.

I honestly suck with advice. I can encourage and explain things, but giving other writers advice I am terrible with. Who am I to offer that? My education never touched on Creative Writing. I wish it did.

For this blog post, I will keep it short and sweet. I want to know if you could offer any advice to a writer, what would it be? I  want only positivity people. Nothing negative.

My advice: Write what you want despite what other people think. Writing is for yourself. The readers will come later on.

justwrite

justwrite1

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your last line is very very true. When I intiailly start writing poetry, I felt good. Now, after 3 years of writing poetry (and self-publishing 100 poems), due to the influence of people, now I write , thinking what other people will think.

Samantha Stacia said...

You have a great blog! I can relate to being told that all my young life and wish I had never listened! Your advice is right on! Just write!

Post a Comment