Sunday, December 5, 2010 | By: Unknown

Book Cover and Editing

So, I am no artist and never will be, but I still kind of designed my own book cover. It's nothing spectacular because I know that no one will buy a book judging it's cover. That would be wrong if you did after the age of 12.

Well, here is the cover. I like it. Simple, but nice.

No laughing. Like I had said, nothing spectacular. I am all about simplistic looking, as you can see.

Well, now that I am done the actual typing part the tedious part of editing will be occuring. This is something I find difficult becuase it is my own book and I may miss something. But, this time around I will be much more careful about editing.

It's just forcing myself to sit down and do the work that will take some time. I keep getting distracted with other things, including writing my two other books. Nothing unusual, but I did promise some people that I would work on getting another one of my books available.

This entails a good list of music to get me in the mood to edit. Not too devious like my writing music, which is normally Breaking Benjamin, something more mild is needed, or a movie that will get me in the mood.

But, I do have to remember, I have to do my homework and study first before I edit. That does not mean too much because I know when I need a break I can edit. I can aim for January to have the book out. Hopefully that is suitable for everyone. I still am unsure if someone else is going to edit the book after I edit, or if I am going to be the only one.

Off I go to do some work...like always. Always working, but my work is relaxing. Synopsis of book will hopefully come soon, still trying to work on describing it.

2 comments:

septembermom said...

Hi Megan, it's Kelly from the Aspiring Novelists page on FB. Like you, I find music to keep me inspired. It often helps me redirect my thinking and push into new areas. Right now, I concentrate on poetry and short fiction, but I'm exploring novel writing more seriously now. Wishing you good luck!

Megan Held said...

Thank you Kelly! I am always able to talk about novel writing. Music is an amazing thing.

Post a Comment