Tuesday, February 1, 2011 | By: Unknown

I don’t want to be just a writer

Here is where I have a predicament with the writer’s of the world. Do any actually hear that they want to help other writers? If you do hear such things, please tell me because I am unable to find a writer wanting to help.

Yes, finding writing advice is nice, and rare. The advice is primarily during an interview, which I understand is one of the only ways to get advice.

I may not be the world’s biggest author, or even a credible one, but I do have something different to offer. I offer advice, inspiration and encouragement.

It is hard to pic775368469_0ac9e39d12k up a pen or hard to begin typing a story idea out. It’s not as easy as people think. A writer cannot sit and start typing and like magic, a book is produced. I tend to stare at paper for hours wondering if I can produce the idea going through my mind. Most writers decide to write what I call “feeler-ideas” and try to develop the first ten pages. If the idea is tough to write after ten pages it will need to be left aside.

typing

I know that some people decide to type their books out first. There is nothing wrong with that. The only time I type up my story is if I am producing an idea and I do not have spare paper around, or when I am typing up a completed novel to edit.

What I am saying is that writing is hard and without support it is impossible to be one. I rely on support from family and friends, but at times the support is not there. Not unusual because people cannot be around to support me 100% of the time.

If I am going to be an author I plan to support other writers out there. No matter what, I want to inspire people to write, to make them feel like writing is important to them and that goals can be reached. I am here to support people, not hinder. If I cannot be a published author doesn’t mean I have to stop others from trying to be one and succeeding.

Well, it is best that I not ramble more than I have. I just wanted to express the importance of support and being inspired with a writer. Enjoy this quote because what is saying is true.

imagesCATA8ECA

 

“Without words, without writing and without books there would be no history, there could be no concept of humanity.” ~ Hermann Hesse

0 comments:

Post a Comment