Thursday, November 4, 2010 | By: Unknown

Book Display

The book display is up and running. Only sold one book, not that bad. I actually expected to not sell any...at all. Sad but true. My taste and style of writing is not for everyone, which I do not blame people for. But, I am still in shock over the fact that my display actually turned out rather nice. The idea that I thought would not work did. Is it wrong that I want to set my goal at selling 5 books in total? It is not that much money, but it is still nice knowing that some people took interest in my book.

On a side note, my grandma and dad are really pushing the idea that I get my name out there and start to write to agents and real publishers so I can get officially published. Alas, they do not know that this takes a lot of time and effort and means a lot of rejection letters. Rejection I can do, but I do not know if they can handle it. I guess that is what I will be up to over Christmas break. Writing letters to agents to make them want to get me published. The question I have is, "Am I really good enough that an agent or publisher will want me?" Horrible thoughts to think of but sometimes being realistic is the best way.

For all the people that are waiting to read my next book I am halfway through typing it up. I did not realize it was going to be as long as it is. The only thing I can look forward to is that when I edit the word count goes down and it becomes more in tune with the entire concept. It is not my best book but even the books I find that I sucked at writing could be someone's favourite. I can aim to be done for Christmas break but that takes time and effort and I am slowly plugging along with it while I try to finish writing out my novel. I am close to the end of that one as well. It's hard to keep up with work, school, and writing...I guess I should mention a somewhat social life. Hence the word 'somewhat'.

I will keep everyone updated. It is a good idea to have support close to me when I need it the most.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

0 comments:

Post a Comment