Sunday, July 24, 2011 | By: Unknown

Concentration and Husband are Gone

boredom

Most of the time I write while the hubby is gone away to work. Hence the word ‘most’. Today, my concentration has disappeared. Without the hubby amusing me and my writing not happening I get bored…easily. It does not help that I worked 8 hours today and had to make dinner. Those two activities took up the majority of my day.

What I need is motivation. I can picture words in my head pertaining to my book. Yet, they stay there. My journal (I handwrite all my books in journals) sits next to me, with two pens just waiting.

And what is my head thinking? This:

wantWith being 70 pages into my novel, I hate having these moments. It is not a form of writers block, its a form of no motivation to write down what I am thinking. I can see clearly in my head where I want to take the book next and what words to write down.

When I write novels I do not create chapters till I edit. I enjoy writing a chapter-free and flowing novel. Sure, breaks between sections are still used, I just don’t like judging myself by how many chapters I write.

Writing is never an easy hobby for me. Some days I can write over 10 pages, others, less. It is just a matter of concentration, motivation and need to write. Right now, I have the need to write, but lack concentration which causes a lack in motivation.

“A writer is somebody for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.” ~Thomas Mann, Essays of Three Decades, 1947

I wanted to end with this quote as a way to motivate myself to write and gain back concentration. Sadly, Thomas Mann is true, writing is more difficult for writers. Time to go word catching and write.

0 comments:

Post a Comment